For my uber-organized readers who are already thinking about holiday gifts, I have the perfect gift for any new or expecting parents on your list…. my book!
Here is the description:
A Parenting Conspiracy: The Fine Print for Becoming a Parent is an honest and humorous disclosure of the trials and tribulations of conceiving, pregnancy, delivery, and early parenting that are rarely revealed.
“Emily mixes together sobering facts and a bit of humor to confront glowing first-time mothers that what lies ahead may not be so great after all… but is definitely worth it. A perfect gift for Moms-to-be!” -Amy Adele
This tongue-in-cheek book won’t help you parent, but tells you what other parents haven’t, including…
• Pregnancy messes with the hair growth everywhere on your body (and that’s not the worst symptom)
• Only 4% of babies are born on their due date (and you may be in labor for longer than a day)
• Regardless of your type of delivery, you won’t be able to sit, or have sex, for at least six weeks
• You will milk yourself like a cow using a breast pump
• Four hours of uninterrupted sleep is a good night
• Your house will be covered in baby paraphernalia and toys
• Guys can suffer from post-partum depression too
The heart-felt advice from the author, who “was shocked by the realities of parenthood,” will give readers a glimpse of how something so small can bring such enormous changes in their lives.